Sunday 20 May 2012


The first "migraine" came on slowly then suddenly out of nowhere severe waves of pain, unlike anything I ever experienced before tore through my head.  It sent me to my knees screaming for someone to help me. This occurred while my husband was at work  so my youngest son who  was at home  took me to the hospital where the doctor  that was on call treated me for a migraine and sent me home.  I was home approximately an hour when the next attack hit me.  I was in the bathroom when I started screaming with pain my husband, who had just gotten home ran upstairs to help me back to the ER.  When I arrived they were changing doctors.  I was again treated for a migraine but was not getting better.  I was taken for a ct scan and the radiologist thought I had a blood clot; but he wasn't sure so the doctor decided to do a spinal tap and there was blood in my spinal fluid.  He then called a major hospital in Toronto and they told him I was to be immediately transported by air. to their hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment